A VIBRANT AND POPULAR
At the heart of Glasgow’s West End
The School House occupies a prominent position on quiet, leafy side road in the Hillhead district of Glasgow, at the heart of the city’s fashionable West End. Hillhead is a very popular residential neighbourhood that has excellent local amenities and a great atmosphere. It is located approximately ten minutes away from Glasgow’s city centre.
Everything you need close at hand
The area around The School House is very popular with families and professionals and has all day-to-day necessities close at hand, including excellent shopping and schools.
- The School House is close to two of Glasgow’s leading shopping streets – Byres Road and the Great Western Road.
- The wide range of local shops includes a Waitrose and a Marks and Spencer, both within easy walking distance.
- The University of Glasgow is located approximately 0.5 miles from the development and Strathclyde University is located approximately 3 miles away.
- A number of the city’s major hospitals are close by.
- Local Schools include Hillhead Primary School and Hillhead High School, Notre Dame Primary and Notre Dame High School. Glasgow Academy, one of the best performing schools in Scotland, is also close by.
A vibrant and popular place to live
Glasgow is a city famous for its culture, museums, galleries, nightlife, restaurants and shopping – all of these are within easy reach of The School House. However, there are also many things to do right on its doorstep.
- There are many great places to eat in the surrounding streets, including a wide choice of great bars, cafes and restaurants in nearby Ashton Lane (the focus of the West End’s vibrant cafe culture).
- The School House is just a few minutes walk from the beautiful green space and stunning glass houses of the Glasgow Botanic Gardens.
- If you love watching films, then Hillhead’s Grosvenor cinema is close by – this friendly, local venue has a great atmosphere and a bar and café.
- For those who like to keep fit, the famous Western Baths Club is just a few streets away. This is an up-to-the minute sports and health club which still retains much of its original beautiful Victorian architecture.
Close to the centre of things
The School House has excellent transport links that put the centre of the city just ten minutes away. It is a perfect location for those who work in the city and who want a quick journey to and from work.
- Hillhead underground station is approximately 7 minutes walk away. The West End is well served by multiple bus routes. Stops for these are within easy walking distance of The School House.
- The M8 motorway, which provides connections to Edinburgh and the rest of Scotland is less than a mile away.
- Glasgow’s Queen Street Station, which offers train connections to many parts of the country is approximately two miles away and is easily accessed by the underground. Glagow Central Station is located approximately 3 miles from the development.
- George Square is approximately 2.3 miles away (approx 10 minutes by car). The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is 1 mile away. Glasgow Botanic Gardens are 0.5miles away. The University of Glasgow is less than half a mile away.