A BEAUTIFUL LANDMARK
A Lesson in Space, Light and Grandeur
The School House offers a unique choice of apartments, garden apartment and penthouses – all of which reflect the generous dimensions and architectural heritage of the building itself. There are very few residential buildings on the market today that provide its impressive sense of space, light and grandeur.
A beautiful landmark building re-imagined for today
The School House is an imposing B Listed, sandstone building in the classical style, which features many bold neo-classical details. Originally constructed in 1883, it is an architecturally important local landmark.
- The building has a beautiful entrance and imposing public spaces, including a spectacular glass atrium within the main upper entrance hall.
- A selection of the apartments will benefit from allocated parking spaces within the private car park.
- The developer Barony Homes is affiliated with Spectrum Properties which has recently completed the acclaimed restoration of the famous Burrell House on Glasgow’s Great Western Road.
Painstaking restoration every step of the way
Every effort has been made during the building’s careful refurbishment to retain the original scale and grandeur of the building and to preserve its many original features and details.
- Much of the original tiling, stonework, woodwork, ironwork, decorative plaster and glazing has been carefully restored or, where necessary, replaced with exact copies.
- The building features a number of elegant plaster friezes in its public area (copies of the Elgin Marbles). These have been restored to their former glory.
- Two of the school’s exceptional helical staircases have been refurbished. Lifts have also been installed in such a way that they do not spoil the original architectural plan.
- New double-glazed windows of the highest quality have been designed to match the form of the building’s original T-casement frames.
- Mezzanine floors have been carefully positioned so that they do not compromise the “line” of the building’s windows
Generously proportioned bespoke apartments
The 30 apartments within The School House all offer a wonderful mix of contemporary luxury and grand traditional architecture. There is a wide variety of unique floor layouts, and a choice of one-, two-, three- and four-bed homes.
- Thanks to the generous dimensions of the original building, the development offers a wide range of apartment styles from 595sqft to 1798sqft.
- All fittings and finishes are of the highest quality and include bespoke kitchens and bathrooms, and hardwood flooring.
- High efficiency heating and hot water systems and low energy appliances, make each apartment more environmentally friendly and cost-effective to run.
- The majority of apartments are duplexes. These feature beautifully designed mezzanine floors that allow the full height of the original rooms to be enjoyed, while also maximizing usable space.
Exceptional rooftop penthouses with spectacular views
The rooftop penthouses at The School House offer a choice of five, unique, two-bed contemporary homes. All have their own private terraces on which residents can dine, relax and enjoy the spectacular views over Glasgow.
- The penthouses feature stunning floor-to-ceiling glass curtain walls.
- The designs offer the highest level of contemporary style and elegance. They are perfect for the discerning buyer who wants a unique city base that reflects their taste and style.
- The penthouse collection will showcase the development’s highest level of specification and will benefit from the same high-tech and high-efficiency heating, ventilation and cabling systems as the rest of the development.
- They are all set back from the edge of the building to give privacy (and also to retain the architectural integrity of the whole development).